Position: Director of Youth Ministry - Part-time position/15 hrs a week (including Sunday worship & Friday Youth meetings)
Purpose: To lead an outreach ministry to middle school and high school students and to facilitate the Youth Ministry Team in the development and implementation of the church’s ministry to students.
Accountability: Reports to the Director of Family Ministry and is accountable to the Pastor as head of staff.
1. To lead the ministry of middle school and high school students and work with the Youth Ministry team in the implementation and coordination of all spiritual growth programs for students in our congregation and community.
2. To lead in the development of a program to reach out to the students of our neighborhood. 3. To work with the Youth Ministry Team in recruitment, training, and support for all ministry programs and activities.
4. To work with the Youth Ministry Team to select, evaluate and present youth curriculum to the Session for approval.
5. To develop caring relationships for all students in the youth program.
6. To work with the Director(s) of Children’s Ministry and Family Ministry to create natural transitions for students from our Children’s Ministry program into our Youth Ministry program.
7. To participate in staff meetings (twice each month) and Youth Ministry Team meetings (usually once each week).
8. To seek ways to take part in the ministry of the whole congregation and, with the active assistance of the Youth Ministry team, help secure opportunities for students to be active in the overall life and mission of the church.
9. To serve as a resource to parents of youth ministry participants.
Salary Range: $1000-1200/mo at 15 hours a week (commensurate with experience)
To Apply: Submit Resume, Cover Letter, 2-3 References (at least 1 pastoral reference) to firstname.lastname@example.org.